Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Non-Committal Man

So my short stint at dating has already come to a crashing halt. After escaping a 5 year relationship that really should have ended 3 years in, I was eager to get out in the dating world. Trying to heal my bruised ego, from months of self doubt in a relationship going nowhere, I was looking for someone that would boost my self esteem and renew my faith in men.

I guess that is a lot of expectations for my unsuspecting new date J

We met at a kickball tournament end of season bash (AKA Zypher’s) through connections of April, and I should of known from the start it was doomed. He went on about how he too had just gotten out of a 5 year relationship as well and was afraid of the idea of marriage. April forewarned me, but did I listen? No!! I was not looking for anything serious anyway, so I disregarded the warning signs, and voila, my dating disaster began.

My date, (let’s call him noncommittal man), and I had fun at first. We went out for dinners, watched movies together, even spent the day at the fair. But the more I got to know him, the more I realized why he was single. He was non committal towards everything. He was so worried about the idea of a “relationship” of any kind, that he didn’t want to meet my friends! That’s right folks, he was afraid to meet my friends b/c then people might think we were (gasp) dating!! He wasn’t looking for anything serious either.

I told him that if he ever wanted to date anyone, it would involve going out and being social. No such luck. So now I am done. I’m sorry, but trying to convince someone to hang out with my friends, is not my idea of someone I want to date.

I am not throwing in the towel yet, dating is still on the agenda, but maybe next time I will be more picky about who I will allow into my world.

3 comments:

  1. I say let'em all in and then you're statistically more likely to find the "Committal Man" :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO excited about your blog!!!

    And this part:
    I told him that if he ever wanted to date anyone, it would involve going out and being social. No such luck. So now I am done. I’m sorry, but trying to convince someone to hang out with my friends, is not my idea of someone I want to date.
    I am not throwing in the towel yet, dating is still on the agenda, but maybe next time I will be more picky about who I will allow into my world.


    Honestly, I'm sorry he was an idiot...BUT to hear that you stood up for yourself. That you realized that his way was not good enough for you? Do you know how amazing THAT is!!?

    That's all dating is about anyway. Finding the duds, learning what you like and don't like, AND maybe, just maybe finding a few good ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dated that guy. He's no fun. You know you deserve more than that and I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete