Friday, November 6, 2009

Fallen Soldier

In the wake of the events that unfolded at Ft. Hood last night, I am disturbed and shaken to my core. How someone can have such disregard for human life is beyond my comprehension.

This act of hatred awakens feelings that I have suppressed since the 9/11 attacks. I was deeply moved then, and maybe even more so now. My brother just left for boot camp not 3 weeks ago, luckily stationed in a fort outside of Texas. I couldn’t help but wonder what the families are going through, thinking what if it were my brother’s fort. Not to sound overly dramatic, just overcome with emotion. It hit home for me.


My heart goes out to all family members and friends that were affected by this tragedy. It is things like this that remind me how important it is to live each day to the fullest, because you never know if it will be your last. I want all my family and friends to know that I love each and every one of you. Please keep all our soldiers in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written lady. I can't believe anyone is driven to use such hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly awful. There are some very sick people in the world. Hopefully the families and brother's in arms of the fallen will be able to move on from this and not lose all hope or morale.

    ReplyDelete